Tomorrow marks the 33rd anniversary of Seychelles Independence from Great Britain in 1976. In honor of Seychelles, here are some interesting facts about the country:
- Seychelles held a three-month-long party after gaining independence.
- The main source of income in Seychelles is tourism followed by tuna fishing and canning.
- The granitic islands of Seychelles are the oldest oceanic islands on earth.
- Seychelles is an archipelago of more than 155 islands.
- The official languages of the nation are French and English along with Seychellois Creole.
Visit our African holidays page to find out more about other African holidays and how they’re celebrated.
Visit the Africa Imports web site to find thousands of authentic African wholesale items.